Thursday, December 20, 2018

Canterbury Cathedral and Whitstable










I've wanted to visit Canterbury for a long time, alas it didn't live up to my imagination. We parked on the side of the cathedral walls and had a short walk through the lovely little alleyways and streets. I paid to go into the cathedral and we were abruptly stopped because of not paying. I explained that I have, and that I would take in the pram and Ali would sit outside with the dogs. We were informed that we had to pay full price for Ali to sit outside (£12.50) even though it's currently a construction site and you can't see anything in the grounds anyway. So Ali left. However, I was stopped again, with a lecture by security about not leaving the pram unattended because of security reasons. I can't imagine why I would leave my daughter alone anyway? This tainted the visit. It wasn't easy to find the accessible lifts and ramps, so after just 15 minutes, we had to leave because Reyka needed Ali for a feed. I've given the cathedral feedback after our visit.

To perk us up after the bad visit, we went further north to Whitstable, mainly because of the series 'Tipping the velvet' which talked so highly of Whitstable. It didn't disappoint. We walked along the promenade, saw the Oyster stalls and shells piled up on the beach. A glorious quiet walk.

No comments: