Saturday, January 28, 2017

Dad's 60th surprises

For Dad's 60th birthday, I surprised him with a full weekend of surprises. The first was when I met him at Paddington station. He was incredibly surprised to see me. We then had a wonderful lunch at Westminster Kitchen Grill, before boarding the London Rib tour. I didn't think that through. When we were walking from the restaurant to the jetty, Dad said 'at least we aren't on the river'....oh we were. We were on a speed boat and bouncing up and down the Thames. Dad and I loved it but Mum wasn't so sure.

The next surprise was to the Museum of brands and packaging to time travel back to the 1950's when Dad was born. Back home for a surprise dinner cooked by Ali.

The next day Ali joined us and we first went on the Emirates Air line over the Thames and back again. Then the last surprise was on the Cutty Sark, something that always reminds me of the marathon. The Cutty Sark is fab and we especially liked sitting under the hull for lunch. What an amazing couple of days to celebrate Dad's big birthday.

No comments: