Friday, May 20, 2016

Celebrating my hero, Shackleton










I'm getting used to twitter now and the biggest benefit so far has been knowing about the free tickets to attend the Shackleton centenary event at Westminster Abbey. The dresscode was posh and all I kept thinking when I went through the doors was of William and Catherine's wedding. Westminster Abbey is amazing. I sat at the front next to a gentleman who is currently saving to ski to the pole.

Princess Anne arrived and the VIP's walked through to the choir behind the screen. The service was fantastic and gave me goosebumps. I kept thinking of the Shackleton walk and how I did that on a full tummy, well rested and with the right clothing.

The bango playing a song from Kildare was a lovely touch.

The Bishop did a phenomenal speech and said something I will always remember a quote. "Scott for scientific method, Amundsen for speed and efficiency but when disaster strikes and all hope it gone, get down on your knees and pray for Shackleton.'

No comments: