Friday, December 25, 2015

Meeting Harry and live on Sky News




Christmas day started at 5am as we had to be on the road to Sandringham at 7am. We arrived at 8:30 and I made a quick dash to the queue. Luckily it was only short at this time. I love the queue, it's incredibly sociable. I met a lovely couple from Scotland and someone from St Neots! What are the chances. John is a retired sheep farmer and it's on his bucket list to see the royals on Christmas Day. He was a magnet to Sky News. He was interviewed and did such an amazing job that they said they were going live in one minute so would like to inteview him live and then speak to me! I quickly messaged everyone I know. The interviewer asked if I had been before. I mentioned that last time I spoke to Camilla who asked me about my polar bear hat, so I have a new one this year. Then I was asked if I want to see anyone in particular. I said that I will be rushing to the front as soon as the gate opens....and I did.

I stood on the corner this time, to see the Queen and the royals. They walk to Church at 11am sharp and rush into the church. We listen to the service on the tannoy and sing along with the carols. The prayers were for the people of Cumbria due to flooding. Then as they left the church, it tipped down. Unfortaunetly, someone beind me asked me to remove my hat, which I resented as they cheered when I did this...not very Christmas spirit, but if they wanted to be in the front, they should have been standing since 8:30am.

Harry moved away from the main party to speak to the lady in the wheelchair in front of me, then spoke to the people next to me. So I muscled in, spoke to him about being so cold and from Bristol. He then shook my hand. All of which was on Sky News again! Later in the day, my friend from Australia contacted me to say I was on their news.

After meeting Harry, we carried on to Huntstanton for turkey sandwiches in the rain and then home for Christmas lunch of traditional roast. A phenomenal day.

No comments: