Sunday, October 06, 2013

Withlingham Country Park – a joy to be in on an autumn day




Oh I do love the four poster bed, the duvet is so opulent too, must have been, I didn’t get up until 8am!. Improvement on 5:30 yesterday. I took pictures around the other buildings, in my PJ’s. Of course I had to see someone else walking around, they didn’t seem to mind. I saw the swimming pool, which is a little small but perfectly formed.

Our first visit was to Withlingham Country Park in South East Norwich. We drove past lots and lots of yellow and green shirts, Ali asked why there were so many people in high viz. I don’t know much about football but I can tell the shirts of Norwich City football club J £2 for three hours parking at the country park, then we started the walk. Alas we took a wrong turn and kept walking through a ‘no unauthorised persons’ driveway up to the boathouse. Luckily we rejoined the path we were supposed to be on. It was an absolutely glorious walk in perfect October sunshine, if anything, a little too warm! We were baking!

After lunchtime naps, we drove to Gorleston beach, south of Great Yarmouth, an extra wide beach with bright yellow sand. Dogs are allowed on the beach from October, perfect. Not so perfect was the amount of dogs off the lead, wanting to attack Penny. It was Penny’s first visit to the beach and she loved it, although didn’t want to get her toes wet. On the way back to the cottage, we passed Haddiscoe and saw the Environment Agency sign. Of course we had to have a picture.

At night, we had some very very tired doggies.

No comments: