Friday, October 21, 2011

Musings of a commuter - never travel on a Friday

First time for everything but I aim to never travel 4 hours there, and 4 hours back again, especially not on a Friday. Having missed the train by all of a minute, the whistle was blown just as I went through the ticket barrier and all I was thinking was that I didn't want to be one of those people that runs for the train, misses it, and has to do the walk of shame as the successful travellers lurch off to my destination.

Trouble is, the slow train is 4 minutes later so I opted for that. I wonder what would happen if the fast train went after the slow train. Tonight I wished it was that way around but alas. I sat opposite a girl who spent 30 minutes applying makeup, even plucking her eyebrows which I thought was lethal knowing how jerky the train is. I played leg bashing with the guy opposite me, when will the train companies realise that seat opposite each other don't work as the population has legs.

The difference between travelling on a friday was the severe amount of luggage causing a trip hazard as the wheeley suitcase walk of death almost caught me. I avoided sitting by the man coughing and spluttering and watched people. Surprisingly, on the fast train it's packed until my stop, but half way through, it was my carriage but why oh why do I always end up by the toilets?

No comments: