Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A quick look back at the Noughties

At new year, I always like to think back to the previous year but this time I have my work cut out, I'm looking back to the last decade. It was pretty amazing to be honest. Lets think....
  • 2000 - Celebrated the Millenium in Manchester with Madam, Rae and Portsmouth. Never been to Manchester before that, we stayed at Raes student place on a mattress on the living room floor and didn't get a wink of sleep as people came home full of the joys of the Millenium. I will never forget that they didn't play Auld lang Syne either, they played Hey Jude at the stroke of midnight. This later was a very funny answer that Rae gave to a Trivial pursuit question of 'what's the traditional song for new year'? :) Happy happy times. 
  • 2001 - I graduated
  • 2001 - Kirky and I travelled across Europe on our misson to cover every country on the inter-rail pass in 3 months. 
  • 2002 - I started working at the Environment Agency as a temp. I then went for the longest temp award, 2.5 years!
  • 2002/2003 - New years spent with Madam in London and then Edinburgh when Princes Street had to be evacuated due to high winds. Celebrated New year at Edinburgh Castle
  • 2003 - Joined the Pink Sofa, where I met most of my now friends and discovered my love of Hungary. 
  • 2005 - I went on my first cruise around the far east
  • 2005 onwards - I became a serial prider
  • 2007 - Ali and I together
  • 2009 - Bought a flat in Exeter with Ali, took mum to live her dream and visit China, I celebrated my 30th birthday. 
  • Countries visited - 36 i think..not sure
  • My two neices were born
  • My brother was married
  • My uni friends had babies - Chloe and Marcus (Amanda & Andrew), Archie (Rae & Jue), Katie (Quilter), Noah (Foggy&Lucy). 
  • I took mum to Egypt, Auschwitz and China
  • I lost weight and then found it again
  • Aunty and Cous Cous married
  • Phil and I almost had hypothermia in Berlin
  • Thanks to Rachael and Keith, I obtained my Gold Duke of Edinburgh
  • I moved from my parents to my Redciffe flat, then Ashton flat, then Al's
  • Marriages - Lucy and Foggy, Laura Dutch, Aunty and Cous Cous, Hayden and Sally, Quilter and matt, natasha and Simon, Rae and Jue, Rachael and Keith, Amanda and Andrew
  • 2009 - We had snow across the country, and loads of it. 
  • Ali and Jen were introduced to Camping for the first time. Al and I discovered that we couldn't put up the tent without an argument!
  • I became a Brownie guider with the name of Kiwi
  • Ali and I started 'whiskings'
  • Multipe V festivals
  • I discovered England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland as well as lots of day trips instead of travelling abroad so much
Oooo, that was fun. So, now to look forward to the next decade, the decade of my 30's and my hopes and dreams. I hope to be married, to have children, to stand on Antarctica, to have the diversity job that i love, and for Ali and I to be very very happy. 

No comments: